The final walk-through of the property you are set to purchase is your last chance to confirm that all agreed-to repairs are complete and that nothing has materially changed since your home inspection.
The final walk-through happens shortly before closing. It will likely take you and your agent an hour or less to complete. Also, be sure to bring a copy of your home inspection and final purchase agreement so you know which specific repairs to review.
Here is a list of what to look for when doing the final walk-through:
- Ensure agreed-to repairs have been made.
- Check that all appliances and fixtures to be included in the home purchase are present.
- Ensure no trash or unwanted items left by the seller are present.
- Check for the presence of mold or standing water in all the rooms, including the bathrooms, the kitchen, near the water heater and the laundry room.
- Test all of the home’s systems, including the heater, air conditioner, appliances, garage door and doorbell.
- Check the outlets by bringing along your cellphone charger.
- Walk around the exterior of the home to ensure the landscaping is intact and no exterior damage has occurred.
Finally, don’t hesitate to ask questions! I will be there at the final walk-through to provide answers and help you if issues arise.